Supplemental Investment Fund Investment Options
The Supplemental Investment Fund (SIF) platform provides a variety of investment options to help eligible participants meet their investment savings goals. Participating plans and individuals may allocate their assets among one or more of the options that are appropriate for their needs and are within the rules and eligibility established for the participating entity. Eligible plans in the Participant Directed Investment Program invest in the mutual fund platform and SIF options listed in the table below.
Eligible Investment Options By Plan
Investment Program / Plans
|SIF Asset Class Pools||Volunteer Firefighter Account1||Stable Value Fund||Money Market Fund|
|U.S. Equity Index Fund||U.S. Actively Managed Fund||Broad Int'l Equity Fund||Bond Fund||Balanced Fund|
|Fire Relief Plans + Other Public Retirement Plan|
|Volunteer Fire Relief Associations|
|Statewide Volunteer Firefighter Retirement Plan|
|Other Public Retirement Plan|
|Participant Directed Investment Program|
|Health Care Savings Plan|
|Hennepin County Supplemental Retirement Plan|
|PERA DC Plan|
|Unclassified Retirement Plan|
1 Volunteer Firefighter Account provides a balanced investment allocation using the respective pooled investment options.
The SBI publishes an Investment Prospectus(s) for the Supplemental Investment Fund and the Statewide Volunteer Firefighter Retirement (SVF) Plan, annually, after the end of the fiscal year.
- The SIF Investment Prospectus provides performance, expenses, and other information regarding the investment options offered in the SIF Platform.
- The SVF Plan Investment Prospectus provides performance, expenses, and other information regarding the Volunteer Firefighter Account. The SVF Plan is invested in a diversified account and is administered by Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA).
Factsheets for the Supplemental Investment Fund investment options
- U.S. Stock Index Fund – Factsheet (pdf)
- U.S. Stock Actively Managed Fund – Factsheet (pdf)
- Broad International Stock Fund – Factsheet (pdf)
- Bond Fund – Factsheet (pdf)
- Balanced Fund – Factsheet (pdf)
- Money Market Fund – Factsheet (pdf)
- Stable Value Fund – Factsheet (pdf)
- Statewide Volunteer Firefighter Retirement Account – Factsheet (pdf)